Saturday, June 30, 2018

The First Day of Summer 2018: Overthink


Yes, let's not think. Let's just, let everything slips away for once. Let's just savour this moment to the very last drop, till the very last bit of summer days evaporate to the thin air. I've been thinking too hard to make this weekend wonderful when it is already wonderful even without me putting anything on this space. The intention is of course to make this moment ever last by writing it down, but my brain is doing just fine lately that I think it's fine to pass on this one.

Hello June. This month has been anything but being blessed and loved. I visited my grandma earlier this month, I took my brother and sister to Ubud, I ate a lot of Balinese food, I took my family to dinner on my birthday, my friends got me my Jane Austen's dream shirt, my other friend sent me a sweet note on my birthday, the whole office sang me Happy Birthday on the first day back at work and a friend of mine just dropped off my favorite Lunpia Semarang at home. This month can't be any better, really, but it keeps going. Summer is really here because for the past week, the night sky has been the prettiest and the moon shines the brightest. Summer night is always the best.

I wish I could invite anyone who's willing to peek at my June days. It is that good that I wish I can just share all of this happy feeling with everyone by writing it down. I feel so grateful for everything, including the fact that I broke my bank account to buy a Docmart (dat stuff is expensive *sign*). I think my only complain is, it's going to fast, way to fast.

Please stay a moment. Let's just hang out. We don't even have to talk. Let's just, be each other's company for a little longer, June.



No comments:

Post a Comment