Sunday, November 13, 2016

Where To Sleep At Ubud




If there are things I take seriously on a travelling preparation, that will be access to food and where to sleep. I'm sure a lot of people agree on this. When travelling, make sure you can fulfil your basic needs easily.

I am a lil bit fussy when it comes to my sleep. Sleeping is one thing I will never neglect, if it's not really, really, necessary. Sleeping well is my form of respect for my mind and my body. I have to make sure that both get the best rest, so they can function well in the morning. I may sound like a freak (about my mind and my body) but if I want to seize the day, I need to be in my top noch condition.

Ubud has a lot of interesting places to stay. The first time I went there, I stayed at a local's house. It was a lovely place with descent breakfast. I shared a room with two girls and still, we got plenty free spaces. My favorite part of the house is the porch. It faces a mini forest and if you go down deeper, you'll find a river. That's lovely. Back to the porch, there is a lazy chair where you can sunbath, take a nap, slouch through the entire day while reading piles of book on the shelf right next to you. The sun falls perfectly, just the right amount of warm you want to feel in your skin.

I thought of going back there this time around. But then my mom told me that I should try one of her friend's guest house. I said, why not? As long as the bed is comfy and the bathroom is clean, I'm in. Long story short, there's a room available for me for two nights. My mom's friend said that if only we told her sooner about the visit, she'll be happy to have us at her cottage. Apparently, she owns several property. All were booked but one that checked out just in time of my arrival at Ubud. Sweet.

The place was exceeding my expectations. The location is at the centre of Ubud, 15 mins walk to Museum Puri Lukisan, 10 mins walk to the nearest Chinese Restaurant, 5 mins walk to the mini market and a heavenly-good-pizza-restaurant. If I happen needing a bike or scooter, there are 2 rentals next to mini market. If I want croissant and coffee for breakfast, there is one bakery that smells so good right on the corner of the street.

About the room, I couldn't ask more. Sheet is soft, pillow is nice and warm. There is also a thin curtain around the bed, just in case you want to sleep like a princess: secured, protected from bug bite and cute. The closet is big enough to store your stuffs for the next 4 days. There's not much furniture inside, just the right amount of things you'll need in your room. And also, there's no TV or phone. The room is not airconed also. But, well, you don't need aircon at Ubud. The night is cool enough and really, there isn't any bug either.

Onto the bathroom, it's an open area so you can dip in the bathtub while watching the night sky sparkling. Lovely lovely space. I enjoyed it the most. I usually take about 30 mins bath. During my stay, I needed an hour to get out from the bath. Haha. Guilty as charge. Some people may think it's annoying to have an open bathroom. But hey, it's not everyday you can enjoy the star lights from your bathtub. Give it a try, I promise you'll get hooked.

About 30 mins after I settled in, the house keeper came and asked if I need anything. He came with fresh flower and put it in the corner of the room. +100 points. He also served a cup of hot coffee at the porch. +150 points. He asked what time I wanted to have my breakfast and whether I wanted to eat it down stair at the dining room or delivered it directly to my room. +100 points. I love this place so much.

Did I mention that it called Puri Bayu?













What I love about my stay at Puri Bayu:
1. Small house. There are only 3 rooms at the house. It's private and quite and peaceful.
2. You can watch sunset from your porch. +1.000.000 points.
3. The environment is so green. There's a lot of plants here and there. So nice.
4. Hot bath.
5. Fast wifi. I need this to work. And update my instagram.
6. Pretty neighbourhood. A lot of houses are so green and well maintained. Lovely lovely neighbourhood.
7. Breakfast was super nice. SUPER NICE. Try the banana pancake. It's out of this world. The coffee is also good. I forgot to ask the owner where I could get one. Hiks.

Everything sounds so nice that makes you wonder the price of a night stay at Puri Bayu. Surprise! It's only Rp 250.000,00/ night for a person! It includes breakfast too. I think it's a good price, considering all the good things they offer. I'd loveeee to come back again.

PS: Puri Bayu is fully booked most of the time. A lot of foreigners stay for more than 2 weeks or even a month so it is rare to find an available room in short notice. The room is also limited. So if you plan on staying there, you better book 2-3 months before to ensure you get the room. In my case, well, it's really a lucky shot. More info, go straight to the website.

No comments:

Post a Comment