Friday, December 16, 2016

Eat, Sleep, Chill #1


So, what's new at Seminyak?

Not much. I didn't even visit the new places at Seminyak, I revisited my fave spots only. Funny fact, living in Ubud for almost 4 nights really grown me old: avoid crowded places and cafes, hate loud music, going to bed early and looooong hot bath. When I stepped out at Seminyak, the hype hit me hard. I got dizzy just by lining up at a gelato bar ha ha ha. Step aside people, the old lady wants her big fat pistachio scoop.

One of the highlight of my days at Seminyak was the hotel I stayed at. It's very rare for me to be staying at hotel during any of my visit to Denpasar. All of my cousins live there, so I usually crash at their places. But this time, since I came with a friend, we decided to stay at Seminyak instead. I wanted to stay at Brown Feather, the hotel I stayed at the last time I visited Seminyak with my lil sister (This is so me. I have super low interest of trying out new places once I find something I really like, so I tend to come back to my favorite places over and over again). But, my travel mate found a very good deal at Zia Hotel, thus we stayed there for the remaining 2 nights at Bali.

Zia is not bad. With the deal we got, I considered it a very very good bargain. When you first enter the lobby, it feels just like another budget hotel, nice and tidy and cool. The room is also fine. I love it that it has this little nook where you can slouch and watch the crowded road of Seminyak from your window. Service is also good and fast. I called the housekeeping to borrow scissors and glue. They came in 2 minutes. Then I called again because I needed black plastic bag. They came in a blink of the eyes. The last call was about me having a hard time turning on the telly at the room. Okay, I need to explain why I couldn't turn on the telly. In my defences, It's the newest plasma LED telly, which you control with a super complicated remote control, which has NO ON/OFF power button. I needed help to find the button, thus I called the house keeping. It's not that I pulled a prank to them. Back to my last call, a technician then came to my room, showed me how to turn on the telly complete with how to switch channels and turn it back off. No judgement, just a simple act of kindness. Thank you, Mr. Telly Technician.

The best part of Zia is its roof top area. They have a mini bar with jacuzzi and sunset view point. I repeat. They have a mini bar, with JACUZZI and SUNSET VIEW POINT. This part of the hotel is the actual reasons why I didn't come back to Brown Feather, to be honest. When my friend showed me about the deal she saw at traveloka.com, I still very much wanted to go with Brown Feather. Then she  told me Zia has jacuzzi at their rooftop. I changed my mind. Lucky me, the jacuzzi lives up to my expectation. What I didn't expect is the fact I can watch sunset too. It's such a pleasant bonus.





When I was about to check out from the hotel, I figured that I had more luggage and I needed additional bag to store them nicely. I had no time to go to the mall to buy extra bag soooo, I called the house keeping, again. I asked if they had something I could use to store snacks I bought for my family back in Surabaya. I think they pity me and my good will to bring my family snacks as souvenirs. They told me they'd come to help me with the luggage. In 5 mins, the housekeeper girl knocked my door with a carton box, big enough for all of my stuffs. She even packed it neatly for me.   Zia's house keeping team is definitely a team of dedicated and super nice people. I'm sorry for being annoying with all of those calls, but your helps save my day. This customer is a super happy one with your excellent service.

Other important details:
1. IDR 423.000/night (It's special deal, not normal rate)
2. Easy access to Livingstone (10 mins by foot)
3. Easy access for Uber and Grab
4. Indomart right beside the hotel (which has ATM machine inside)
5. Hot water and fast wifi
6. 20 mins to Beach Walk by Grab
7. 20 mins to Discovery Mall by Grab
8. 15 mins to Mall Galeria Bali by Grab
9. 15 mins to the beach by bike
10. Chinese food across the street, in case you crave for fried rice before bed

I think I'll write about my experience staying at Brown Feather. I just checked my entries and turned out I hadn't told you guys about that magical place. Iam going to bed earlier today cause I'll be going picnic tomorrow <3 p="">

No comments:

Post a Comment