Monday, February 13, 2017

Jogja Archive: Hopes



There I was, standing alone in the middle of the of the rain
with my rain boots on
under a big umbrella

My chest ached, as I saw two people before me hugging each other
soaking wet, as if challenging the universe
that nothing can separate them right now,
physically and mentally

I was in awe
If only I didn't run back home to grab the umbrella
If only I just ran straight to where he was
If only I left everything behind,
to go to see him

But I never thought it was a race
Cause what I feel was no adrenaline rush
I came to offer him warmth
under my yellow umbrella
Turned out, he didn't mind to get cold
As long as he's wrapped by gentle arms

I wish I showed up first
I began to think I might stand a chance
to be the one to hold him tight

-- That day, I found out that beach has so many characters. It was pouring hard when I got to the shore. The mist was already there, covering hills down to the beach line. Sending shiver on my neck and freeze to my feet. I met a mystical, strange and cold Wedi Ombo Beach that day.


No comments:

Post a Comment