Saturday, May 13, 2017

Ubud: Zen Town





I got the first flight to Denpasar last Wednesday. As always, I didn't sleep whenever I had the first flight. Simply because I'm a dead man once I go to sleep, and I didn't want to miss my flight. So there I was, red eyes and puffy face, making my way to the waiting room. I arrived 2 hours before taking off. I wanted to snooze a bit but the chair at the waiting room is rock hard and stone cold. My body was sending me signal, it's not happy with me skipping sleep. I was not happy as well. And Starbucks hadn't open yet. Yep.

I wasn't alone. My friend Fifi is coming with me to Ubud. Seems like she gets enchanted to Ubud's charm as well. We didn't talk much while waiting. We were sleepy and hungry. That's enough to make us a stranger to each other haha. 

I miss Ubud. I did mental countdown in my head since 2 weeks ago. As the day was coming closer, I got anxious and excited to the level I almost couldn't handle. Funny isn't it? A trip always makes me giddy and happy. Moreover, this is a trip to Ubud, my Zen Town. It's like, waiting for a first date with your crush. The expectation of having a good time there is sky high. My mind is already wondering through the streets of Ubud, planning where to have brunch, where to watch sunset. I believe I'll be very happy spending my time there. Oh, how I love leaving town for an adventure. I know some people who have the privillage of travelling the world yet they can't enjoy being away from home. Do I envy them? Of course. Do I hate them for hating that privillage? Hmm, I don't know. I guess, I just don't understand why they can't enjoy it. Human always want what they don't have. I prefer to be grateful for everything I have and everything I wish I can achieve. There's time for everything. I just need to practice my patience.

Good lord my flight didn't get delayed. The weather was so fine. I could watch the sun rised higher as the plane crossed Selat Bali. The cloud was hanging low and far down, paddy field rosed in green and gold. I took it as the universe blessings. Thank you for letting me had an enjoyable ride to Denpasar ;)

Stepping back in Ubud's ground feels so familiar to me. I know this town. It's my forth times here and I feel like I'm getting to know it better in every visit. But then, I always find new path, new corner, new shops everytime I come here. Why Ubud, you reveal so much yet you leave some space blank for me? What are you trying to say?



No comments:

Post a Comment