Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Man Down



Guess what?

I'm down with flu. And stomachache. And probably anemia too.

Ladies and gentleman, I've reached my limit.

It's all began in cloudy and gloomy March. The weather had been crazy; sometime it's so hot in the afternoon then raining storm in the night; sometimes it's raining all day long; sometimes it looks sunny then 5 minutes later, heavy rain falls with no mercy to a biker like me. I got caught in the rain way too many times than I'd like to for the past 2 weeks. I got home all wet and cold and hungry and tired. One time, I went to a meeting with my wet jeans cause it's suddenly raining so hard on the way to the meeting point. I was so unlucky to drive my bike that time, instead of taking Uber like I used to. I also often skipped my breakfast lately due to a hectic morning schedules. Some days, I had to suppress my hunger through the meeting and wish that they didn't hear my rumbling stomach. I don't really understand why, but ever since my eating schedule changed, I had no appetite to have lunch and dinner. It's terrifying. I got lazy to eat, which was my favorite activity to do :(

Today is probably the peak of all the unhealthy eating habit and bad weather for the past two weeks. I woke up with a dizzy head and high temperature on my body. At first I shook it off, since it's not the first time I woke up with a fever. It's usually fading as the day goes by, especially after I have my breakfast and coffee. But the dizziness got worse on my way to the office. My nose was super itchy, my neck was cold, I couldn't seem to concentrate in anything. All I could think about was lying down and sleeping the day away. It's actually frustrating, since it's not the right time to be sick and not functioning well. It's never the right time to be sick anyway.

So yeah, I've reached my limit. I guess, as much as I don't like the idea, I have to take a day off. Or at least working from home, where I can take care of my self in comfy pajamas, hot choco, quick nap in the afternoon and 3 times of proper meal a day. It's actually not a bad option, considering the sickness can get worse and result in a total bed rest. And I hate the idea of visiting the doctor, let alone being hospitalised. I don't like taking medicine either. If I can still hold up with warm milk, fruits, chocolate, honey and lemon, I'm not going to pop the pills. Medicine is the least favorite chemical I'm willingly put inside my body.

Naturally, I get more discipline with my food. Yesterday I did a grocery shopping with my dad. We bought a lot of greens (only the ones that I like cause I'm picky with veggie) and anything healthy looking to improve my immune and metabolism. Dad ended up cooking us a nice saute bok choy and boiled potato for dinner. Fyi, Dad and I rarely cook at home, so when Mom found us at the kitchen cooking dinner, she's kind of surprise with the unusual scene. The dinner was amazing. As much as I love McDonald's, I have to admit that eating light, fresh and healthy always gives a good energy on my body. I need to give more effort in doing that cause being bloated during the day is never a pleasant feeling.

What lesson do I learn from this unfortunate event? First, do eat well. Put nutrients on your body by eating "good food". Postponing McD and Indomie to the weekend can be a good start. Second, check on your local weather forecasting so you can prepare an "umbrela". Lastly, get enough sleep cause nothing a good sleep can't cure.

Ciao ;)
(zzz zzz zzz)


No comments:

Post a Comment