Thursday, March 15, 2018

The Bedrest Day Story



It's another cloudy and gloomy afternoon in Surabaya. I've had my lunch and hot tea but still reluctant of taking any medicine. So I headed to the terrace and sit by the pond, hoping that a fresh air could help sorted my mind and kicked away the flu.

There I was, sitting still, admiring the grey sky while sending a little prayer that I'd get better by tomorrow. Then the silence filled with rumbling sky. I was amazed, as that was the first time I got to hear the sky roaring, like saying something but in an audible language. I had my headsets on but I didn't play any song. I was still listening to the rumbles. It's so serene and peaceful, just like all those quotes say: the calm before the storm. I felt like I was being transport to a vulnerable dimension, where this delicate time exist in slow motion, where every rumbles sing a song and the wind whisper a warning through each of our nape hair. A lot of people admire the rainy day. Just now, I found out that moment before the sky cried itself out, was the moment of solitude.

The rain started to fall down, making a little ripples all over the pond. At first I could hear every single drop of it hitting the surface of the land, then, it got blurry as the intensity rise up. I was still sitting by the pond. My feet got wet. And I felt so much better.


No comments:

Post a Comment