Monday, April 13, 2020

Good Morning



I woke up this morning with my head still above the cloud, wondering. As I made my way to the kitchen to prepare myself honey lime water, I kept asking, "how are you feeling today?" towards my mind. This habit started right after I resigned from my previous job, an act to check onto my sanity and an observation of the gradual effect a decision could influence my way of behaving and thinking.

There's always this unsettling feeling thou. This one flicker that hangs around the corner of my chest. I learn the best way to clarify is to provoke the affair further. So, as I sipped my honey lemon water, I decided to rewatching Rupi Kaur's Ted Talk. The content always takes me to place where I know I feel safest, almost like being transported to your own santuary the whereabout you keep secret even from your own self. I don't know about other poets, but the way Rupi delivers her story makes my heart warm. That's probably one of the reason why I feel safe whenever I watch it.

After a peaceful 15 minutes, I craved for more inspiration. I remembered Taylor Swift talked about Elizabeth Gilbert's Ted Talk during her Tiny Desk Concert so I navigated to the destination. Turned out I watched it before but couldn't recall what's it about. For the next 20 minutes of her Ted Talk, I couldn't help but feeling calm and hopeful. What she talked about answered most of my unsettling feeling this morning. All of my doubts and worries finally meet a bright light. At least I can now proceed through the rest of my day with positivity. At least, I can now accept whatever happens today, I'll be coming out just fine. Or if I won't, there will be time when I feel fine again.

Just keep checking on yourself everyday, "how are you feeling today?"


No comments:

Post a Comment