Friday, October 21, 2016

Change is Hard, But Possible



I don't like online shopping. I used to like it so much, since you could get a good bargain online for the same thing they sell at the mall. It's cray. I remember it was around my sophomore year at college, that online shopping was blasting like a bomb, thanks to Facebook and Instagram and Blackberry Messenger. People like, suddenly changed their shopping habits from the crowded department store to a 5" inch screen, that is smart phone, in the comfort of couch at home. Click click and your purchase will be delivered to your door step. Bye-bye traffic jam and packed mall on weekend.

Another thing why online shopping was so so in that time was because everything looked better at the pictures. EVERYTHING. 

"That shirts looked so cool, that shoes looked so comfy. Oh my god! It's only Rp 100.000,00! Gotta get them all since it's super cheap!"

Then the bell rang and the delivery man mentioned a package for you. You were excited, you finally got your hands on the shoes on your dream, with much lower price than everything you've ever found before at the mall. The big smile turned into a frown once you unwrapped the package and found out a pair of shoes that didn't resemble the picture you screen captured from the seller's FB page. It happened again with the cool shirt, the sweater, another shoes and you had enough. Well, I had enough, since it's actually my personal experiences. I don't want to pay less for something that will break after only a week or itch my skin. But the pictures LOOKED SO GOOD. I should have known better. Expecting a high quality product with unreasonably low price is stupid.

From those experience I learn a lot that even though online shopping is tempting, not all sellers are trusted. Some showcase their actual products on their social media page, some take pretty pictures from google that look like what they sell, but not really. I get better at classifying a trusted seller and the not-so-trusted-seller. I regain my faith on online shopping again after several months. At the end of the day, I think it's all coming back to the buyers. If you are smart, you know what you expect and which one to choose to fulfil the expectation.

And then sephora.co.id happened. I was ecstatic. Sephora came to Indonesia, just in time with my new obsession on perfect foundation and good lipstick. Wasn't it some kind of cosmic sign that i might go on and shop more make up? ;)

Still shopping make up online is also tricky, specially finding the right color of foundation and lipstick that will match your skin tone perfectly. I was happy at first then struggling later cause I had no idea how to get the color right. And Sephora's store is not yet available at Surabaya. Life, my friend, is sometimes that challenging. Hahaha.

Nothing seems impossible nowadays. I just never imagine that one day, one day my friend, I can try on the lipstick I want to buy at sephora.co.id. I'm still in awe up until now, even thou I took hundreds of selfies trying on different shades of lipstick with the new feature at sephora.co.id. Hahaha, guilty.

Yes, the new feature at sephora.co.id is such a life saver. It's called Virtual Artist. By using this feature, you can try on the shade of the lipstick before you purchase it. They provide wide range of shades from a lot of brands that available at sephora.co.id. Now, collecting the lipstick of your dream from your favorite international brand is not that hard anymore. YAY.

As I mentioned above, I tried a lot of shades using Virtual Artist and boy, I love this features so much. I actually have been trying this feature for a week before decided to write it down. This is addictive. Like, every morning, before actually putting my make up on, I always use Virtual Artist to try at least 3 shades of lipstick. Hahaha. And when in doubt, there is "Compare" button that will save you from I-can't-decide-I-want-it-all situation. You can compare several shades and pick the ones you like the most. I have to say that sephora.co.id got me hooked this time. I want everything I tried. I love all the shades I choose and I don't have to guess whether it will suit my skin tone or not, because I've tried them on, uhum, virtually.


I also tried the "Surprised Me" button. It will randomly choose several shades and you can keep shuffling till you find something you like. Surprise! Virtual Artist read my mind and pick just the right shades for me. So many lipstick, so little time. Well, a girl can never have too many lipstick right? ;) 

Btw, other that I get to choose the lipstick shade I desire, I can also see how the shade will change my vibe. Coral shade is fresh and cute while nude shade give me the natural make-up-no-make-up look. I also love the vibe the deeper shade gives me. It's kind of mysterious and edgy. I think it will look amazing with my faux fur jacket. Ugh, this is so much fun!

I'm ended up chosing the one from LancĂ´me L'Absolu Rogue Definition no. 195 Le Carmin. This is the shade I love most. The subtle elegance it gives, yet still bold and gives a statement. Definitely fall so deep with this one. 


Can't ask anything better that this Virtual Artist features on sephora.co.id. My life is so much easier now that I get to shop my favorite lipstick online, worry free.

No comments:

Post a Comment