Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Bitter Sweet Monday



I have no problem with Monday. But today, uhm, yesterday (cause apparently it's 1.13 am now) was a tough day.

Long story short, there were unexpected event happening when I was doing a photoshoot for a client. I was scheduled to direct a Chinese new year photoshoot at 2 pm, so initially, my photographers and I were going at 1 pm cause it take 45 mins to reach the destination. On our way there, the client called and told me that we had to delay the photoshoot by an hour due to technical problem they had at the office. Okay. We decided to go there anyway and waited, hoping the problem sorted out sooner than the prediction.

It's not. We waited a whole damn hour, even more cause the client arrived at the location about 3.15 pm. Not cool. I wasted an hour and I left my laptop at the office so yes, I was pretty pissed. Imagine how much work you can do in an hour but instead you had to just sit and wait. It's killing me slowly. When the people finally arrived with their products, it hadn't been styled yet, there were no properties the client prepared compatible to support the shooting and people who were supposed to support the shoot seemed to be interesting in watching the photoshoot, not creating a photoshoot. I didn't know how I made it. I remember not thinking at all and tried to work things out. Yep. I didn't think, just did a lot of things in silent and tired eyes. It had to be a team work of 6 people. But the only ones working were 3 people.

It's so stressful to write this down, cause I tried to calm myself down after a super tiring and annoying shoot and recalling back what happened today is simply pissing me off, again. But I have to write this down, to remind the future me that this kind of event sometimes happen in life. You can't really runaway from that kind of situation, specially if it's about your professional career. I can be mad, I can be angry but I don't walk away. I don't leave things unfinished. I finish my responsibilities and have sushi later.

I finished the shoot at 5 pm, rushing to the next meeting which in an hour and the traffic was the worst. Ugh. If everything went on time, I should have wrapped the shoot at 4 pm and I didn't need to speeding to the next schedule. I could have coffee, arranged my presentation bla bla bla but that didn't happen. What happen was I took gojek to my next meeting, arrived 15 minutes late, looking like a mess. The meeting was long, I was exhausting and hungry. I wanted to go home so bad.

You see, not everyone respect your time. Some people even think that once they hire you, all of your time belongs to them, when they are just a small part of your professional life. Some people think that no matter what happen, you have to finish your job which is true, if the other party doesn't screw it by coming an hour late, risking you to come late to a meeting with future potential client. It will be so nice, if people can realise that our time is as gold as theirs.




No comments:

Post a Comment