Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Yesterday Once More


This is a journal post I wrote last Saturday after a meeting. I had 30 minute before my next schedule, so I decided to wait at McDonald's accompanied by iced coffee. I didn't get a chance to finish this post later, or even on Sunday. Monday came and I had a pile of unfinished deadlines lining up. But I really want to finish this post, so here we go.

✩✩✩

Kicking off weekend with a morning meeting. And, I don't hate it. Haha. I'm glad I have a reason to wake up early, get showered and have breakfast with mom. Mom made me a glass of avocado juice. I sprinkled a bit choco chip on top. It was really good.

I think I'm finally get used to my effort of cutting back on junk food. I usually have juice or banana and coffee for breakfast. Sometime I crave for steam rice and anything fried. But so far, I can manage everything pretty well. To my surprise, my mind has not been complaining much about the lack of trans-fat I consumed for the last 2 weeks. Here I'm, sitting at McDonald's and I'm cool with not having the fried chicken and fries, 2 of my ultimate favorite food. I'm calmly sitting at the corner, religiously sipping my coffee. I don't even think about fried chicken. It feels weird. As much as my mind sends the brain a signal to have fried chicken, it's not strong enough to make me order it.

Is it a good thing? I'm not sure. I think things go to a better direction, but not quite there yet. My goal is to bring back the green smoothies and steamed veggies to daily basis, my fave menu when I was working on my final assignment for my bachelor degree. It's actually quite a story. I should write it down before I forget the details. One thing I'm still pretty concerned is the time to work out. I've been trying to spare an hour after work to do HIIT or light cardio. But there are time when I'm so exhausted and all I want is hitting the bed. I need to set my standard right.

I'm having another meeting at 1 pm. It should be an interesting one cause I'll be meeting several new people there. I look outside the glass wall. The sun is shining bright, it's almost too hot to wear long sleeves now. I think I'll scoop a summer dress or two later, depends on the digits on my bank account. Haha.

Today is going well. I'm so grateful for the time I have right now :)




No comments:

Post a Comment