Sunday, November 26, 2017

Ubud Archive: Prelude



Oct 26th 2017

I forget the joy of not doing anything. Here I am, sitting at Starbucks alone, phone dead and machiato half drank, not knowing what to do as I wait for my boarding time. I'm the type of people who arrive super early to the airport because a constant paranoia of missing the flight. So yes, I have 4 hours to kill before boarding time. Please don't laugh.

I stop trying to do anything. I day dream, on how the weather will be at Ubud and the excitement of meeting some of familiar faces again. Man, I miss this. Sitting at the coffee shop, choosing the deepest corner so I can freely ponder and do nothing to my heart's content. It's nice to not multitask (haha) once in a while and just waste a little time.

Then I fly.

I love flying. It feels as if I'm in the other world, the closest ever to the sky, the most freeing moment I've ever feel. I love looking out the window, tracing the endless city lights that look like our veins, delivering life to every part of it. It's also the closest I ever be with God, physically speaking. I always have the idea that he can hear me better whenever I'm up in the sky. Ridiculous, but the feeling stays with me even after all this time. So I whisper a prayer, no, a lot of prayers actually.

I ask for a safety till I reach my destination
I ask for a good weather during the trip
I ask for wisdom when meeting new people
I ask for modesty when having fun
I ask for an unforgettable adventure with my friends
I ask for inspirations
I ask for good health and this one goes for every one in my family
I ask for forgiveness
and
I ask for love and compassion



No comments:

Post a Comment