Monday, November 06, 2017

Feeling Myself, Again




I just got back from Ubud last Tuesday. Dang, it feels reallyyyyy good to be away for a while, especially  if you're going to one of your favorite place on earth. Good news good news, I made some friends during UWRF. Super happy! I told myself that this year I had to be more courageous in starting a convo with the person I sit next to. And I did it! Yay! Proud of myself :D

I also managed to write journals every single day. It felt so easy since I got so inspired by all the sessions I attended. In fact, I never not taking notes out of everything. I have to say journaling is indeed a good way to record ideas in your mind. It really helped me to organised all of the ideas then proceeded them into a writing or video or a content materials for work. I'm truly glad I'm making progress here, considering how I struggled in so many aspects for couple of months.

Now I understand that taking a break is important. And I also understand that "a break" that works for me is a space to rediscover, to explore and to meet new friends. Shopping spree or coffee break don't make a cut anymore. I'm hungry for inspiration and experience, so that's probably why I love being away, on my own. Away from the routine, the people. The idea of discovering my own perspective of the world is one of my main life purpose right now.

It doesn't mean that I hate everything I have back home. It's just, I spend 25 years of my life staying in, circling in my comfort zone, obeying my parents if they tell me not to do something without considering if it can be a good thing for me as a young adult to try. I just need to get out. As I mentioned before, I need to discover my own perspective of the world. It's about time, right?


No comments:

Post a Comment