Friday, July 14, 2017

As Good As New




This is a note I wrote when I was on a bus, going home from Solo. I spent Raya Holiday there with my family and relatives. I lost this note when I arrived at home and it took me 2 goddam weeks to find it back at the draft folder of my email. Talk about stupidity. HAHA.

***

I spent the past 7 days road tripping with the whole family. My dad insisted that we spent the holiday together, he even let me pick where to go during the trip. Wow. That's what I've been waiting for. So, I decided to go to several places within 7 days: some were around Jogjakarta and some were around Solo-Surakarta. Both cities located not very far from each other which was perfect for road trip. But visiting those 2 cities during Raya Holiday is known as a suicidal mission: it's always packed with million of local tourists. Everywhere you lay your eyes on, there will be sea of human.

Apart from the crowd, going on a trip with your family has it's own challenge. Well, the problems were mostly because we had our own plans on where to go or where to eat. We argued and fought a lot during the trip. I know from the beginning that uniting 5 grown ups is no easy task. But somehow, at the end, we still had pretty much fun. I'm glad things were not falling apart ugly. Haha. I learnt a lot about being patience and holding my self back when it's needed. And I guess I'm not the only one learning things. Coming home, I feel like we communicate better as a family, which is a good thing, considering there's a big chance for us to grow apart from each other when you grow up.

But I'm not ready for the next family trip hahaha. One at the time, okay?





No comments:

Post a Comment