Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Wondering Mind



I've been moving slow, as if, my mind is still in vacation mode. But my body, it is ready to once again hit the start button. I'm in a very weird state, I guess. I don't think I need more day off. I'm recharged from the recent long vacation. I feel, enough.

Maybe, feeling enough is what makes me in this limbo.

Once the busy hours kick in again, I'll be waking up from this sleep-with-eyes-open state.

This kind of mood reminds me of a fictional character from a book I recently read. It's a lovely lovely book. I actually had read it once when it was still a blog series at Alanda Kariza's blog, if I'm not mistaken. I think I was in high school, blogwalking on my free time when I stumbled into the blog series. 

I immediately fell for the concept of the story. Alanda and her co-writter, Kevin Aditya, represented 2 main characters of the story, the girl and the boy. They wrote an episode of the series once a week, taking turns to tell the story from both side of the characters. But they didn't tell each other what would they write. They wrote following the flow of the previous episode.

I really get captivated by how complex one's thoughts as represented by the writers. It's a love story with a whole new presentation. It's almost too real: the struggles, the confusion, the contradiction, the constant battle we have with our inner self. Now that it's on print, I can leisurely re-read it over and over again, finding new meanings every time I read it. Go check out Beats Apart or you can purchase a copy here or here. I think it's perfect to read on the train where you head for your next great adventure or a slow Sunday morning with no plan but staying on bed as long as your Mom possibly allow ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment