Monday, July 31, 2017

Carrie On Monday: Am I Enough?


pic from pinterest.com

This post will be different with the rest Carrie on Monday cause I'm so so good in this. When we talk about single gal life, I may be the one you want to talk to.

Let's start from the bad side. Last week my very very good friend just got married and I was one of the bridesmaids. As happy as I was welcoming the day, I kind of annoyed with the endless stream of "so, when is yours?" during the party. Well first of all, I wish I knew when my time would come. I wish I could cheat on God to peek on my own future. 

I was also meeting a lot of my old friends at the party. I ended up hanging out with 2 of my junior high besties after the party cause it's been too long since we hung out together. We spent the whole day chatting and eating and laughing and gossipping. I remember one of my them told me about her recent trip to Borneo. She told me that she met a lot of lovey dovey couple at the plane she felt the heat burning her from deep within hahaha. Then one couple catched up her attention. She realised that was a rude thought but she couldn't help but thinking that she was prettier and slimmer than the girl. But why she couldn't get a boyfriend of her own?

My first reaction was laughing. So hard. I wasn't not sure if I thought that's a pathetic statement or I thought it's a ridiculous idea to begin with. But after a while, I realised that me too sometimes had that kind of thought slipped on my mind for a second. And I realised it's completely okay to wonder about that. It's not pathetic or ridiculous because we simply don't understand (and we want to, so badly). This is a part when I get reminded over and over again that every living person has different way of doing things hence, different outcome in life. In this case, love life.

What surprised me more was the answer I was giving to her. I said, "At this stage, I understand that look attracts people. But attitude and personality are ones that keep him stay. She maybe not the most  good looking person but he stays eventually. Why? It's something we, as the outsiders, can't see with our bare eyes. But it's crystal clear for him."

When did I become so smart mouth about this? Haha. I didn't see my self coming with that kind of talk. I guess, that understanding has hidden deep in my subconscious. A friend happened to ask a question and I had the answer all the time.

I'm still in the running of practising my patience untill I find the prince charming cause I'm not really sure what else to do. Lol.

xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment