Saturday, June 03, 2017

About Getting Lost and Finding a Way Back



I remember a quote I randomly found about the importance of travelling. I can't remember the exact words but it was about how travelling can help you find your true self. Ever since that day, I always long for a trip. Anywhere. I don't really care if it's an hour drive trip to the neighbourhood city. As long as I'm out, seeing and meeting new things, doing something I never did on daily basis, that will be enough. I'm constantly craving for an adventure, a story I can keep for my self, to tell myself in the future, to give myself a lesson to learn. Being out there gives me inspiration. That's basically what keeps me sane.

I was in the edge before my Ubud Trip. The stress has been piling up. Haha. Is there anytime when I don't feel stress and anxious? I don't think so. You must have a pretty good picture of how urgent I need to leave town, every single weekend.



The moment I breathed Ubud's humid air, everything seemed to feel better. I treated my self a big lunch at Taco Casa. I went to Club Luna for a Martini. I walked aimlessly around Ubud's Market at night simply because I could never do that at Surabaya. I slept very well and woke up late for the yoga class. I just laughed it off. I couldn't really bother about being late on holiday. Just like that, I felt like myself again. Young and carefree.

Then I asked my self. Will you go off somewhere far just to remember who you are, who you aim to be? Will this keep happening? If you happen to be stuck and not able to travel, what will you do? Will you always depend on a 3 days trip to get a hold of yourself for like, the next 6 months?

Well, I guess that's just how things work for me. The almost 25 years old me is even more carefree that the 16 years old me. I don't really think much about some stuffs because I believe, at some points, everything will fall into place. To be honest, it's kinda scary to let things slip out of control like that. But then again, we never have fully control of our future. I realise all I can do is giving every chances a best shot, so I have nothing to regret in the future.

Hmmm, isn't this stage of life interesting?



No comments:

Post a Comment