Monday, June 19, 2017

Jogja Archive: Oasis




When I decided to spent the weekend at Jogjakarta to attend ArtJog 2017, I immediately thought of YATS Colony and Greenhost Boutique Hotel. YATS Colony has been everywhere lately. Influencers and celebgrams is coming in and going out of that place, making it the hippest boutique hotel at the moment. While Greenhost has captured my attention since 2016 with its rooftop garden and those greenery against grey unfinished walls. It has the calming atmosphere, just like Brown Feather although Greenhost has more urban-dynamic vibes. As I thought, YATS was fully booked for the weekend so I went for Greenhost this time around.

The moment I set foot at Greenhost, there's only one thing in my mind: a perfect hideout with in the center of the city. The building is covered in greens so it looks like a giant tree in the middle of one busy corner of Prawirataman. When you enter the building, you'll be greeted by big blue swimming pool with vines covering the balcony from the highest floor down to the ground. It's like a green waterfall. And all of sudden, my fatigue was vanished thanks to the refreshing view. The interior is quite simple with woods and plants dominating the space. As I told you earlier, they left the wall unfinished without paint. I really really love the place I'm glad I checked in there instead of YATS Colony (even thou I believe YATS Colony is as beau as Greenhost).

10 things I love from my stay at Greenhost:
1. Within walk distance from my favorite coffee spot at Jogja, Ruang Seduh
2. Within walk distance from my favorite gelato place at Jogja, Tempo Gelato
3. I basically love the ambience. It's not fully cold-urban-hipster-place thanks to the greens. They make it more homey and warm and comfy.
4. The rooftop garden is so so beautiful. I think it's using hydroponic system where you don't need soil to grow your plants. Also, all of the harvest are organic and very well maintained, so I believe they have high quality. Oh, I wish I can build one at home.
5. The resto use ingredients planted at the rooftop garden. Talk about super fresh stuffs.
6. It's somehow always breezy inside the property no matter how hot Jogja is.
7. It is peaceful and quite at night which is a bit surprising for me considering it has a lot of rooms and people keep coming and going.
8. The room is super cute. I didn't take any pic of the room because it's a hot mess haha. But I remember they are using environment friendly furnitures. They also encourage the visitor to be wise while using the electricity and the water. They provide reusable bag for laundry (not a plastic bag guys!). They also provide us with natural, eco-friendly soap that wraps in recycled paper. I really appreciate the commitment for creating such an environment where we can contribute for a good cause. From my short stay at Greenhost, I get reminded that I can contribute at home too, starting from small things. Thank you.
9. They have bar at the rooftop! 
10. I didn't get to try any food from their resto but the pricing is quite fair (IDR 50K - IDR 100K). They also have many selection of Indonesian food and light bites.

Will I come back to Greenhost again? I would love to. But I guess I'll be trying out another hotel on my next visit cause there are several places that have quite similar ambience with Greenhost.

















No comments:

Post a Comment